Friday, June 29, 2007

Weekly EduLinks 06-29-07

It didn't take me long to get tired of the whole "Linkapaloosa" thing so hopefully "Weekly EduLinks" sounds better. I'm always open to suggestions though. These will be stored under the Weekly EduLinks tab so be sure to check there for previous posts containing educational links.

Here are the chosen five educational links for this week. I think starting next week I will begin adding a link to a homeschooling blog as well. I've come across so many wonderful homeschoolers online and I think it would be fun to introduce you to some of them.
So here we go...

KnowMore.com- Great site filled with lesson plans, games, crafts, resources, and it's also home of the fantastic Hippo Harry blog! You can sign up for their great free newsletter which Kimberly emails to you weekly. We've really enjoyed it so far.

Sacred Spiral Kids- The home of free activities for Pagan and Earth Spiritual children, homeschoolers, organizers, and teachers. They have something for every subject and even if you're not Pagan there are still many wonderful Nature based lessons that you can use. This is one of our faves!

Unschooling.Info- Considering trying unschooling or maybe just curious to find out what they do? A great collection of articles, resources, and even a message board. If you're a fan of Sanda Dodd then definately make sure you visit their forum.

Wilderness Kids Club- If you don't check out any other link I've posted then make sure you don't miss this one! They provide natural science curriculums and really get kids into nature. Your children can "meet" other wilderness kids, learn how to keep their own wildlife journal, make an insect zoo, and enough other activities to keep them going for a long time!

Bravewriter- Julie Bogart is the owner of Brave Writer Online Writing Services and without her and her site I don't think I would have made it through this past homeschool year. The Bravewriter site is where I learned about Copywork, Tea Time, Artwork Narration, and many other Charlotte Mason techniques. Not only does she help get kids writing and reading but she makes sure that parents are enjoying and joining in as well.

There are your five for this week. Please enjoy them and if you have any links you would like me to share please feel free to email me (email address is in the sidebar) and I'll do my best to include them.
Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: