Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Weekly EduLinks 07/11/07

I know not many people visit this site as of yet but that's okay. I still like the idea of sharing the links I come across with other homeschoolers and parents so I'll keep doing this post every week. :)

Pokemon Learning League- They offer a free trial so your little Pokemon lover can have a chance to check it out. Unfortunately, after the free trial it is pretty costly so don't let the kiddos get too attached to this site unless you're willing to fork over some serious moolah! ;)

Library Spot- a free virtual library resource center for educators and students, librarians and their patrons, families, businesses and just about anyone exploring the Web for valuable research information.

FunBrain- Educational games for children grades Kindergarten through 8th. This is one of my kids' favorite sites. My youngest (who is 4 1/2) and my daughter (who will be 13) both enjoy many of the games on this site and it's FREE! Isn't that the best kind?

Fact Monster- an ideal reference site for kids ages 8-14 that provides entertainment and educational resources. It combines the contents of an encyclopedia, a dictionary, an atlas, and several almanacs loaded with statistics, facts, and historical records. A single search engine allows you to search all these sources at once.

KidsFreeSouls- An online newspaper for kids and by kids. Do you have a junior editor or reporter in your family? Let KFS know! This site is beyond awesome and amazing with more information that I could possibly list here!

And this week's homeschool blog is Single Parent Homeschooling Down Under or as I affectionately call her Nicky at SPHDU. lol This is Nicky's very first blog and so far I think she's doing a great job! Nicky is a single homeschooling mom to Joshua, Jessica, and Little Jack and lives in New Zealand which those who know me know that makes me very jealous (let's just say I'd love to live there!)

Nicky and her kids are my family's penpals and it's fun learning how much we have in common.

So please visit Nicky's blog and let her know she's not alone.

0 comments: