Wednesday, August 1, 2007

EduLinks 08/01/07

Hello and welcome to a whole new month! Wow, this summer is just flying by for me. Where does all the time go? I heard the weatherman on the radio say that we are now officially into Monsoon Season here in NM. Personally, I want to know when it stopped?! It has been raining here in the desert all summer long!

Anyway- here is this week's EduLinks and Blog of the Week. If you would like to have me feature your site or blog then please feel free to email me at jocoiner [at] gmail [dot] com. I'm always looking for news links.

Hasbro Monkey Bar TV- This site has games, videos, comics, and tons of your child's favorite characters. My youngest loves the Transformer games the most and really enjoys playing on this site for his "extra" time.

The Role Model Project for Girls- This site was created to share the notion that girls can grow up to be almost anything--in a wide variety of professional careers--way more than they probably know exist. With a Role Model Registry, information, and resources this site is a great start for any parent wanting to help build their daughter's hopes and dreams for the future.

Wild Monthly- A monthly newsletter with nature notes, activities, recipes and more, to enhance your nature study. While this newsletter hasn't been updated in awhile, the ones listed have some really great information in them. I found them to be very useful in our nature studies. Don't forget to check out the main site as well because there is alot there with a focus on Charlotte Mason too.

The Futures Channel- Awesome movies and videos to help you teach Math and Science to your students. Their goal is "of using new media technologies to create a channel between the scientists, engineers, explorers and visionaries who are shaping the future, and today’s learners who will one day succeed them". I still haven't made it all the way through this site. There is just so much that is fascinating!

The Write Source- A great writing resource. They have books for sell to help your child learn better writing skills but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page they also have alot they offer free like Writing Topics to get your little writer's talent flowing.

As always, we have a new Blog of the Week to share with you. I'd like to introduce you to Tara and her amazing son, Sam at Eames Learning Project. I have "known" Tara for several years on a parenting board that we both frequented and she has always left me in awe. Sam is a very smart little boy and watching him grow over the years has been alot of fun. While Tara and I never had a chance to get close on the forums, I have always read her posts and thought very highly of her.

So visit her blog and you will immediately see how dedicated this mother is to her son! It's also thanks to Tara's blog that I found out about the Hogwart's Summer Correspondence School. We're getting ready to start and it looks like a blast!

0 comments: