Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion... So Soft.

When the folks at Skin MD Natural asked me if I would like to review their Shielding Lotion, I was truly excited to see what it could do. Living in the desert means dry skin is a major problem for my family at any and all seasons. Regular lotions do not work very well in this climate which leaves my whole family walking around looking like a bunch of lizard people (think of the TV movie "V" from when we were kids).

Since I was expecting just a small sample imagine my surprise to see a big 4 ounce bottle of Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion in my mailbox. From the moment I opened it, my daughter and I fought for possession of the bottle like two Red Sox fans over a box seat! She has a habit of carrying away all the lotion and hoarding it in her room but I felt this one was worth fighting for.

When we first tried the lotion we found that it had a very silky feel to it even before doing anything with it. Once rubbed in it absorbed quickly and left my hands feeling very smooth. I also noticed that it took very little lotion to moisturize my hands which was a nice change because usually you have to put on tons of lotion to get the same effect.

I was happily surprised to find that there was no residue or greasy feeling after putting it on. My husband even got in on the review and used a small amount on his very rough feet. His feet are always so dry that they crack and bleed at times but after three days of using the Shielding Lotion we saw a remarkable difference on both feet. Since my heels had started to dry out as well I put some on the bottoms of both feet and then put cotton socks on while I slept. After even one night my feet felt so smooth and soft. It was an amazing feeling and having your feet feel that good just puts a glow on you.

From items I've read, what makes Skin MD different is that its not a moisturizing lotion but a, shielding lotion. What the lotion does is bond with your skin to create a shield that will protect the skin from the elements while it allows moisturizers to remain inside the skin where they are needed.

If you live in the desert like I do or if you have problem spots that nothing seems to help, I really recommend you try Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion. We are in love with it in this house and at least three times a week I have to go hunt down the bottle because someone else is using the lotion. Is it weird to want to put a bottle of lotion in a lockbox? Just kidding.
Just other great things about this lotion is that it's not tested on animals, is fragrance and colorant free, dermatology tests, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and paraben free. In my opinion, that makes this a shielding lotion for pretty much everyone including those with eczema.

Thank you Skin MD for allowing me the chance to discover this fantastic lotion. I really enjoy doing reviews when the products are simple everyday things that are useful to us in our daily lives. Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion is one of those reviews and I’ve already spread the word to a few friends and neighbors about it.

0 comments: